
We went to Rachel's class room to see our neighbor, Firefighter Billie, talk to her students.

Rachel and Alex.

As Firefighter Billie started to put his equipment,

Alex started to get a little worried.

And as he put more of his equipment on...

Alex couldn't watch.

And when he was fully dressed....

He covered his eyes! My poor little baby. :)

Alex was fine after he took his mask off. He even raised his hand to ask him a question about his helmet.

Alex and I with Firefighter Billie. Alex said he was not scared anymore, can you tell by his face!
1 comment:
Awww he is so cute! When I was teaching I remember the firefighters saying that it's a huge problem with kids being afraid of them. They will run away from them in a burning house rather then running to them to be saved. Yikes... so scary! Evan and I saw some firefighters going into Ross the other day (smoke was coming from their vent) and he was afraid too. I'm so happy they go to the schools and dress up so that the kids will learn there is nothing to be afraid of.
Post a Comment